Thursday, May 31, 2012

Back in the game...

So.... It's been a rough semester. Each semester has seemed to get progressively more challenging, but this one was by far the worst. Haven't posted much on here simply because I haven't had much to show that I'm proud of. However, in the end my hard work did pay off, and while I didn't necessarily pass with flying colors, I passed nonetheless. I even managed to get a B on the piece below, which was something for me to be very proud of considering I had been struggling to get C's and C-'s all semester in this class. I've been taking a 2-week mental health break from art, to reassess everything and get to a point where I could face the terror of a graphite pencil and a blank page in front of me, and I think I'm at that point. So here's my Drawing From Imagination final project, and in the coming weeks I will be finishing my black-and-white dummy book for my final project and posting those on here as well. Also planning on doing A LOT of sketching and attending many workshops once they start up again, and will be posting that as well. BIG thanks to everyone who helped me a long the way, couldn't have done it with out the help of my great and very talented friends. Just felt the need to explain myself/vent a little. Now, back to art!

2 comments: