Wednesday, August 28, 2013

One of those weeks

Not to state the obvious, but art is a bit of an outlet for me. Most of the time, cutesy, happy little animals is just what comes out when I put my pencil to paper (I blame a childhood diet of constant Disney movies). But sometimes, life kicks you in the butt, and cute, happy little animals just don't cut it.
Anyone ever have one of those weeks where you just can't catch a break? The job hunt is yielding nothing but an empty inbox and a lifetime of poverty seems imminent, you have to get two of your teeth drilled, your dog has to go to the emergency vet at 10 pm, and on top of everything, your two- year relationship ends. On your birthday. Then, finally, one day you're beginning to feel semi-normal, you're driving home from a good day in the studio, sun is shining, listening to some harmlessly empty pop radio and thinking, "Thing's are gonna be juuuust fine, you strong, self-actualized woman, you," when suddenly, out of nowhere, BAM! A familiar piano rift. No, not this song, anything but this song! I'll listen to Justin Bieber and Maroon 5 until my ears fall off, Mr. Radio God, if you will please for the love of all that is holy, spare me "Someone Like You"!!



No luck. And then the above happens. Anyone had a week like that? Err, me either...


Copyright Tracie Timmer 2013, All rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. Gah, that sucks, Tracie. I hope things will get better for you ASAP! But hey, that lil illustration was pretty funny. XD Keep working through it through drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! It does help somewhat... Made me laugh at myself instead of feel sorry for myself haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good. I think it's best to find the humor in bad situations. Keep that outlook and you'll get through it! Don't give up! ^_^

    ReplyDelete